Saturday, June 23, 2007

Book Crush

Nancy Pearl, a librarian, has written a great book that helps parents, teachers, and even kids, themselves, find book suggestions on topics or themes. When I first cracked open Book Crush, I thought it was a wonderful idea! It is broken up into three sections, Easy Books, Middle Grades, and Young Adult. Then, within those sections, you can choose genres that you most like to read or a topic that sounds interesting and Pearl makes suggestions on those topics. A great reference tool!!! Perfect for the teacher or parent that asks for suggestions of what their child/student may like to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion - this looks like a great reference for my daughter and I!
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Becky said...

This book looks great. I had heard of her book, Book Lust, but this one is new-to-me. I'll have to search my online catalog to see if my library has it.

Search This Blog