Saturday, June 23, 2007

Austenland

Shannon Hale is a teen author that I thoroughly enjoy - Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets... so when I saw her adult novel, Austenland, was coming out - I was the first one with my name on it!! AND - she didn't disappoint!! This was such a fun novel!! (Of course, it doesn't hurt that I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan too!) The main character, Jane, gets a trip to Austenland, as a gift. Austenland is a resort where people go to re-enact and live out life in the time frame of Austen's novels. It's such a fun idea - they have to dress, eat, and act like they are living in that time period. Jane is skeptical, but secretly wishes to find her "Mr. Darcy". After spending three weeks in Austenland, Jane must decide which man, if any, are her Mr. Darcy. It was a fun novel - fast paced and entertaining!

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

This one sounds so fun. I adore Shannon Hale!

Suey said...

I also recently read this book... and reviewed it on my blog in case you're interested. Shannon is one of my favorites! Can't wait for more by her (I think there's another one in August!)

Anonymous said...

I loved Goose Girl, so maybe I'll give this a try.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I stayed up and read this in one sitting. Very entertaining book. :)

Search This Blog