Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Active, Creative Child

The Active, Creative Child is Stephanie Vlahov's work on how to parent a child that is in perpetual motion. I SO enjoyed reading her book - it rang true to me, not only with some of my own children, but also with many children I saw in the classroom - those so quickly labeled ADD - may have easily fit into this category of being active and creative and may have only needed another outlet. Vlahov's degree and background, even her own children, have given her credibility in an area that many just label and move on. Vlahov provides hints for coping with these children, establishing boundaries that will work with them, and avoiding labels and judgments that are so easy to fall into with these kinds of children. Interesting and helpful read.

*I was provided a copy for review by the publisher.

No comments:

Search This Blog