Thursday, April 10, 2008

Change of Heart

Jodi Picoult's latest book did not let me down - Change of Heart - was fast paced and kept me going until the very last page - when I didn't want it to end! This book dealt with so many issues that are great for discussion - the death penalty, the gnostic gospels, different faiths, etc. I think it would make a great adult book discussion. You have a death row inmate that wants to donate his heart to the daughter of the family that he was convicted of committing a murder. SO, he has to get it overturned so that he does not need a lethal injection, but so that he can die by hanging. VERY interesting read - I find her work compelling - and this was true to form - I say, "Read it!" There is ALWAYS a twist at the end - be ready!

1 comment:

April said...

Ohhh! I LOVED this book! It is a tie between this and Nineteen Minutes as to which one is my favorite! Jodi Picoult is such an awesome writer.

Search This Blog