Friday, January 15, 2016

The Peaceful Wife

April Cassidy has written, The Peaceful Wife:  Living in Submission to Christ as Lord.  I was intrigued by this when I was sent a copy to blog about.  I would highly recommend this book.  Not only is it easy to read and digest, but it is very thought-provoking.  It probes challenges we face in marriage through Cassidy's own struggles in learning how best to relate to her husband.  I appreciate her insight and honesty as she shares what she has learned about being a Godly wife.  She points out how so much of what we struggle with in our marriage stems from our own issues in our spiritual life and when we can get that where it needs to be, our love for our spouse may flow freer and easier and not feel like such a lot of work!  I love her look at what biblical submission is and is not...and how we, as women, can live under submission without feeling like we are losing our identity or opinions.  This was an informative read that I would suggest for others to read as well!



* I was sent a copy of the book for an honest review on my blog.

No comments:

Search This Blog