Thursday, January 14, 2016

Salvation's Tide is Rising

Passion is one of those projects that continually puts out high quality music projects.  Their latest, Salvation's Tide is Rising, is another album that just amazes me at their high commitment to excellence.  Song after song raises the bar for not only Christian music in general, but for worship music at its best. 

What is Passion?  It is "Rooted in the confession of Isaiah 26:8, Passion exists to glorify God by uniting students in worship, prayer and justice for spiritual awakening in this generation.  From its start in 1995, the Passion Movement has had a singular mission--calling students from campuses across the nation and around the world to live for what matters most.  This yearly conference uses live worship music and teaching to encourage young people to live for the glory of God.  In 1998, Passion decided to document the musical portion of the annual conferences via live worship recordings -- raw, in-your-face praise songs with an alternative edge."

This album features some of "the greats" - Chris Tomlin, Crowder, Matt Redman and Kristian Stanfill. 
Track List:
1.  Salvation's Tide is Rising - Passion featuring Kristian Stanfill
2.  My Victory - Passion featuring Crowder
3.  Remember - Passion featuring Brett Younker & Melodie Malone
4.  God & God Alone - Passion featuring Chris Tomlin
5.  Simple Pursuit - Passion featuring Melodie Malone
6.  I Turn to Christ - Passion featuring Matt Redman
7.  Your Grace Amazes Me - Passion featuring Christy Nockels
8.  All We Sinners - Passion featuring Crowder
9.  Surrender - Passion featuring Jimi Cravity
10. Good Good Father - Passion featuring Kristian Stanfill 

One of my favorite songs on the album is the opener, Salvation's Tide is Rising.  I love the music on this one - the instruments and voices sound other-worldy in parts and the words are powerful.  Stanfill does not disappoint  - his lyrics are meaningful and catchy. 

Another that I find myself singing often is "Remember" by Brett Younker.  It's upbeat and also just what I need to hear most days lyric-wise. 

Don't miss "Your Grace Amazes Me" by Christy Nockels.  This is another song that speaks to me deeply and reminds me of the incredible grace of God.  It's tender and has deep lyrics that challenge me every time I hear it.

 
SOCIAL • CORNER

 

***I was sent a digital copy of the CD by the publisher for an honest review on my blog.

#PassionSTIR
#FlyBy
 
 

No comments:

Search This Blog