Monday, November 28, 2011

Smart Ones

I was given the opportunity to try Weight Watchers new Smart Ones Satisfying Selections. And now I am about to gloat on them for a bit!!! I was VERY pleasantly surprised - I am not usually a fan of prepackaged meals - ESPECIALLY when they are warmed in the microwave. Now these meals do have two options - stovetop or microwave and so I braved it and warmed mine in the microwave. Talk about easy - put the vented bag in the microwave for 4 and a half minutes and then let sit for 2 more minutes. Then pour onto a plate and eat!

So I chose to try the Chicken with Broccoli and Cheese first - and as I put it out onto my plate I knew I was in trouble. My seven year old said, "I would have chosen that if I had known that was a choice!!" Yep - I ended up sharing and she LOVED it. (As did I!!) This is a very filling portion size, large, tender pieces of meat, wonderful cheese sauce (and just ask my husband - I am NOT always a fan of cheese sauces!!), VERY easy to make, and I came away pleasantly full. I was very impressed with this new product - and I am sharing it around and WILL be buying them again - the price is very reasonable for the size of lunch - you can't beat a meal for under $4.00!!

Here is some additional info you might like to know:

Product
New Satisfying Selections™ from Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® offers much deserved satisfaction to your dinnertime occasion with 30% larger portions than traditional tray meals
○ Packaged as a bagged meal, they feature heartier pieces of meat and veggies than what is typically found in a frozen nutritional tray option.

Nutritionals
The pre-portioned nutritional meals help you to stay on track – especially at dinnertime.
○ All meals in the new line are portion controlled for dinner
○ And, they all have less than 400 calories, 8-10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus™ and 25 grams or more of protein.

Prep-method
With dual-prep methods you can prepare them just the way you like.
○ Either steam them in the microwave or cook on the stove top and serve on a dinner plate.

Varieties
The new Smart Ones bagged meals are available in five delicious flavors:
○ Sesame Chicken
○ Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
○ Ziti with Meatballs & Cheese
○ Chicken with Broccoli & Cheese
○ Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
Sizes: 1 Package (331 g)

Suggested Retail Price: $3.69

All Satisfying Selections meals are less than 400 calories, have 8-10 Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ and 25 grams or more of protein.

These new bag meals can be prepared in the microwave or on the stove top, and can be enjoyed at the office or at the dinner table. With five new flavors, Satisfying Selections are sure to suit all taste buds and won’t leave you snacking before bedtime.

Availability: Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® Satisfying Selections is available nationwide. Additionally please use the product locator at http://www.eatyourbest.com/storelocate.aspx

Visit the website to learn more - Eat Your Best


*This post is part of a SocialMoms product evaluation, for which I’ve been selected. I’ve been compensated for my time with 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Heinz.

No comments:

Search This Blog