Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The Handy Law Answer Book

David L. Hudson Jr. has written a book that I have been working my way through and finding incredibly useful. The Handy Law Answer Book is not a sit-down-and-read-for-enjoyment book, but it will answer so many law questions that I find it one I will highly recommend to our library patrons. It covers so much - from how our law system evolved to how laws affect you as a citizen of the United States. It is a great reference tool that covers a vast amount of information. Here are just some of the questions and answers you will find in this comprehensive book:

*Where did the word "tort" come from?
*How are state court judges selected?
*Where did the first U. S. Supreme Court meet?
*How does the law define "marriage"?
*What should you do if facing too much debt?
*What is a "wobbler"?

Great tool - highly recommend this one!

** I was sent a copy for review by Visible Ink Press.

No comments:

Search This Blog