Thursday, August 27, 2009

Katie Woo

I stumbled across the new series, Katie Woo by Fran Manushkin, published by Picture Window Books/Capstone Books. It has me pumped!!! Kids already love Junie B. Jones for her fun and enthusiasm - I think Katie Woo has all that AND will appeal to younger kids. And here is what I love MOST about Katie Woo - she's Asian-American - that thrills me - I so appreciate books that focus on other cultures. I think kids are going to LOVE her - and her reading level is a bonus too - I am reading it with my Kindergartner - she can't read all of the words, but she can sure read a lot of them! It's a great parent/child shared reading book! Junie appeals to those higher level readers, but this series can go all the way down to your younger readers. Check out all six in this series - I am excited about them!

1 comment:

Fran Manushkin said...

I'm delighted that you like my Katie Woo books. I had a splendid time writing them. P.S. These are the first six--there will be 16 of them! Fran

Search This Blog