Monday, July 23, 2007

Waves

Waves by Sharon Dogar is a new release by Scholastic's Chicken House group. This book is one that kept me reading to the very end - it was just such a different storyline I had no idea what was going to happen. (I love that kind of novel, by the way!!) The story revolves around Charley, a sister to Hal, that is suspiciously in a coma - and no one knows how or why. SO, it is Hal's job to spend his summer trying to figure out what happened to his sister. It is a very twisted storyline with Charley actually "speaking" to Hal sometimes through mind conversations - I am telling you, it is not your run-of-the-mill story, but I did enjoy that about it - it was so different than most of what I read. What did I not like??? Probably besides some very harsh language, I was most disappointed with all of the sexual content for teens - when I read a novel and think that I'd rather my own kids didn't read it, that is a red flag for me. This is definately one of those red flags!! Sadly, because I loved the story!

No comments:

Search This Blog