Thursday, July 26, 2007

Clementine

When I listened to Clementine by Sara Pennypacker today, I decided I have a new favorite heroine!! What is there not to love about Clementine - a girl named after a fruit!?!?!? And she hates her name so much that she calls her little brother every vegetable name in the book! Poor Clementine just cannot stay out of trouble - but you absolutely can not hold that against her - how could you not love a girl that names her kittens after things found in the bathroom - "antiseptic" and "mascara"?? Well - I can't help but love her! The book becomes touching when she overhears her parents saying they will keep one and get rid of another - Clementine is sure they are talking about their children, and since she is "the hard one", she is sure it's her!!! As a side note, I loved this narrator!! Thank you Recorded Books for a GREAT MATCH!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I loved this book as well. I've only read it, and not listened to it, though. I like it when audio books are done well. And this one sounds like it could be a winner!

Jill said...

My 8-year-old is currently reading this to me and her little sister, and we are all enjoying it immensely. We discovered this author when we first read Stuart's Cape, which is a much shorter transitional book - very funny and sweet, too!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that sounds absolutely priceless!

Search This Blog