Friday, April 13, 2012

The Fault in our Stars

I had heard so much hype over John Green's The Fault in our Stars, that I knew I had to read it!  So read it I did - and I could hardly put it down.  What an inspiring read!!  It is the beautiful story of Hazel and Augustus and their chance meeting at a cancer support group - and the relationship that develops because of that chance meeting!  You could empathize with their struggles with their health, their hopes for a full and rich future and yet see their angst as two teens falling in love.  I was touched by the story - it was well-written and stirring.  I would highly recommend it - although I hesitate to say gung-ho, have all of your teens read it.  I would caution that there are some things that I am not sure I'd want my teens to read in their early years - so I will throw that out there.  I enjoy a good love story and this one had that - the tragedy is very real but so is the humor - it was a wonderful balance.

No comments:

Search This Blog