Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Library Gingerbread Man

I read a book with my girls tonight that would just be TOO good to NOT share!!!!  The Library Gingerbread Man by Dotti Enderle is just quite a fun take on the Gingerbread Man story.  I might be a bit biased, but it has to be one of my favorites!!  The little gingerbread man gets out of his place at 398.2 (think Dewey Decimal!!) and off he goes past 423.1, 599.638 and many  more!  You can see how fun this book is with the Dewey Decimals incorporated into the story - what a fun way to learn.  AND it culminates when he is soaring through the air into the fox's mouth and ....

SPOILER ALERT


"The clever librarian closed him back into his book.  (It is particularly hard to outsmart a librarian.)"

Yep  and THAT is yet another reason that I love this book - it made us chuckle - the girls and I both!!!

No comments:

Search This Blog