Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Violets of March

I can't even remember where I saw it - but I added The Violets of March by Sarah Jio to my reading list and got my turn from the library and read it in two days! Yep, it was THAT good. I found Jio to be a super writer - she kept me interested from the first page. There are actually two story lines in this novel - one that took place years before the main character, Emily, comes upon the diary, and then Emily's current day story line. It is Emily's mission - while healing her own heart, to try to untangle this mysterious diary that, she feels, may shed some light on her own situation. I would recommend this one - with hesitation to my teen readers because some of the scenes are more explicit than I would have my teen read - but would tell adult readers that the storyline was intriguing and worth reading! Love the tangled mystery of a good plot!




AND I'm kind of pumped about her next novel, The Bungalow, coming out in Dec. of 2011!

No comments:

Search This Blog