Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Scent of Rain and Lightning

Nancy Pickard's The Scent of Rain and Lightning was quite a ride. It took me a bit to get into but once I was in - I was surprised at the mystery that unravelled. Pickard is an excellent storyteller and her story of young Jody being left with no parents and the whole town unsure as to who took their lives - creates suspense that continues to the very end. I was convinced it was one person - as was most of the town, and then I had that all ripped out from under me when the author took me for a shocking surprise! I was stunned at the turn of events that takes place and that's just how I like it! Great story that will keep you guessing.

Definitely for mature readers - not one I'd suggest for teens as there were adult themes present.

No comments:

Search This Blog