Friday, November 13, 2009

The Weight of Silence



All I really need to say on this one is "Heather Gudenkauf is genius". I thoroughly enjoyed The Weight of Silence - it was intriguing from page one! I couldn't believe that at this time in my life (having a daughter that is not speaking) I would have a novel on my desk that is about a little girl that would not talk - but I did! I was drawn in immediately - it starts with a bang - two little girls disappear and thus the novel pummels head-long into the mystery of where the two have disappeared to and how they got there. I LOVE the discussion questions at the back - I think it would make a great book talk book as it brings up some great issues. Another great read, I tell you, I am on a good-book-streak lately!!!

No comments:

Search This Blog