Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Hunger Games

I have heard all over blogland that Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games was WONDERFUL and they were all right. I just LOVED this book! It caught me from page one and now I am just all giddy over the second book - to be released in Sept. of 2009. To be honest, this isn't one of those books that I thought I would even like - the whole idea of a community in the future that makes each district send two children - one boy and one girl age 12-18 - to participate in the Hunger Games seemed a bit odd to me. But I was SO wrong! What starts out as 16-yr. old Katniss, taking her sister's place - turns into a fast-paced race for survival. I just LOVED the book and HIGHLY recommend it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is on my wish list.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved that book, too! Can't wait for Part 2!

Amy said...

omgoodness-wasn't it the best book ever!!? i loved it to death:)
-amy

toria575 said...

just saying in the back of the book it says the rest of the trilogy will be about how kids deal with violence and war so im pretty sure that means there will be all new characters, and a whole new story-line. Tell me if im wrong....but im pretty sure...

Search This Blog