Monday, March 17, 2008

One Whole and Perfect Day

Judith Clarke's One Whole and Perfect Day is BRILLIANT!!! I can not tell you how much I LOVED this book. It is one of those books where you are introduced to characters you think you will never see again - seemingly insignificant characters - and they just keep popping up throughout the book - tying it all together. I thought the book was wonderful - it hits the life of a teen girl - and yet gives hope through all of the struggles - struggles we all deal with living in families. Lily feels her family is just too eccentric to be normal and she wishes for just "One Whole and Perfect Day." I love the way the whole book is her search - just to have that one perfect day that no one can ruin. It doesn't even look possible, but is it!?!?! I have read some reviews that it ended a bit "pat" but I disagree - we have enough books out there with tragedy - I love to read one, once-in-awhile, that ends "perfect"!! I was hesitant to read this one, as sometimes Printz books aren't all I hope them to be, but this one was SUPERB!!! All I can say is, "Read It!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review - I just added it to my wish list!

Search This Blog