Monday, February 11, 2008

Copper Sun

Having just finished Copper Sun by Sharon Draper, I am, once again in awe of the horrific conditions of slaves and their treatment. I seem to be getting "hit over the head" with this lately - between Amazing Grace, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and now this book - Wow - I am just having my eyes opened. I thought this was a wonderful book - it told the story wonderfully of Amari, a 15 year old girl - taken away from her life in Africa and sent to America on a slave ship and then sold to Clay, a 16 year old boy, as his birthday present. It is sad and yet totally believeable. I came away with my eyes opened - this is truly a great read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading your review, I will be adding this to my TBR. Sound very interesting. Thanks!

Search This Blog