Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Love, Stargirl

Jerry Spinelli has done it again - I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Stargirl and I was so excited to see the sequel, Love, Stargirl coming out - and he hasn't disappointed!! When I read these, I just wish I had the courage to be Stargirl - she is SO not afraid of what others think of her and she is who she is - people may think she's strange sometimes but she is true to herself. I admire her courage, and I love her spunk! This book is a very long letter to her boyfriend, Leo - that she moved away from at the end of Stargirl. I enjoyed the way Spinelli set it up - the letter format is fun and fresh. Yes, it's teen angst at it's best, but I appreciate Stargirl's individuality so that is what makes it a winner for me!

7 comments:

valentina said...

I can't believe they didn't publish in Europe at the same time...I can't WAIT to read it!

Anonymous said...

When I read Stargirl I was just as in love with the book as you were. She inspired me in a lot of ways. So when I saw that Love, Stargirl , Stargirl's sequel had come out I was anxious to read it. Jerry Spinelli didn't let me down although it was sad when (if you don't want me to ruin the ending don't read any more) Stargirl fell in love with Arnold.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS LIKE ONE OF THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ YOU GUYS HAVE TO READ IT IT IS LIKE AWSOMEEE!!!!!!!!!!! WOAH STARGIRL BOOKS ROCKKK

Anonymous said...

i think stargirl was amazingg :)
i especially thought hillary was some snobby attention whore though >:(

Emilie said...

Stargirl was one of the best books I have ever read!
I REALLY want to read Love, Stargirl
-Emilie

Anonymous said...

i looooooved the first one, wheres the new one? also, thanx to anonomys who spoiled the ending! :-)

Anonymous said...

i LUVD stargirl and luv star girl 2 but fyi, stargirl DOES NOT fall in love with arnold in the end. she is using him as a figure of speech. so 4 u guys hu havent read it yet, dont worry. u dont no the ending.

Search This Blog