Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

I brought home a very large, and somewhat daunting, book to my (almost) 12 year old son the other night and said, "I need a book review - are you up for it??" He said, "Sure." And thus began his adventure with Brian Selznick's newest book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret. My son came to me the next morning and said he knew exactly why it's a bestseller - he stayed up past midnight (yes, I was long asleep!!!) and only had 50 pages left to finish!! He does love to read, but he was a bit skeptical about this one when I handed it to him - I was thrilled to see that he enjoyed it. He loved the way the pictures helped to tell the story - "almost like a silent movie," he said. And my favorite quote: "I didn't know it was after midnight when I was reading, I just wanted to keep going!!!" SO, guess I have to say what millions are already saying, "It's a good one, pick up a copy and READ IT!!!"
Read what Selznick has to say about his book here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the second blogger who mentioned this book - I took a peek at it in Borders the other day. Maybe I need to go back and get it!
Stephani
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Search This Blog