Friday, March 20, 2009

Shattered Reality

I was given the opportunity to review a book by Kimberly Cheryl called Shattered Reality. I always enjoy new authors and the topic of the book was one that made me think "I should read that" as well. Cheryl has written a book that explores the whole topic of children being sexually abused. She has approached this topic with an honest, open spirit as she has been through the experience within her own family. I have to tell you - I was caught up in the book right at page one. This is just something I have not read a lot about, and it was a book that had a lotof good information. Her transparency is so valuable as a parent - and to parents who have gone through this - I am sure it is even more helpful. There is a wonderful resource in the back of the book for more information on sexual abuse - websites, books, etc. She also has a website to promote her book as well as give more information HERE. The whole book is just a very valuable resource and tool - it opened my eyes and gave me a lot to think about as a parent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read Shattered Reality and sharing your opinions. If our story can help one other family, or other parents to open their eyes to the possibilities, then our journey will be worth while.

And, by the way - I absolutely love your family blog about your daughter and "smoking". My family and I were on the floor with laughter. How adorable! That is what makes child innocence so special :) and something we need to protect.

Thank you - Kimberly

Search This Blog