Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Handle With Care

Jodi Picoult is truly one of my favorite adult authors - I LOVE her writing style and her topics are usually very interesting to me. Her latest, Handle With Care, is no exception. This is a very tender story of marriage, family and children - told from all different perspectives - another thing I LOVE about Picoult. This novel deals with a baby born with OI - osteogensis imperfecta - a disease I was previously unfamiliar with. It is the story of what that disease does to their family and how they deal with it - each in his/her own way. I was torn apart at the breaking up of a family when they needed each other most - and as usual - the ending was heart-wrenching. Thank you, Picoult, for another page-turner.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'm so glad to see this is good - it's on my wish list.ca

Search This Blog