Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chronicle OVERLOAD!!!

Chronicle sent me a box that our library staff is STILL laughing at me for! I got this box, opened it and jumped up and down - ok, you'd have to be a librarian to understand the excitement of NEW BOOKS - and I am not just talking any new books - these are WONDERFUL!!!

Let me share some with you:
Dinosaurs Roar, Butterflies Soar! by Bob Barner - another Bob Barner HIT!!! You just can't go wrong here - the illustrations are WONDERFUL - even though I may not agree with the way he says it all happened - I like the concept - dinosaurs and butterflies together - but not for long.

The Chore Board by Sarah Malarkey - what a fun idea for any home - a clever chore chart that will BE SURE to have kids wanting to work! (It sounds good anyway!!!) It is a very fun format and I know my Chloe would be dying to be SWEEPING BEAUTY!!!


Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld - Ok - this is one of my favorites in the box - hold the book one way and you see a duck - hold it another and you see a rabbit - how can you not LOVE this!?!?!? And the way the authors argue back and forth had Chloe and I rolling with laughter! MUST SEE this one!

B is for Baseball - Running the Bases from A to Z - this is sure to be a "hit" with all those kids wild about all things baseball. Ok, I'll admit it - I liked it and I'm not even wild about baseball! The illustrations are a mixture of photos and drawings and I love it when they combine those two mediums. It is a great alphabet book, with new information to uncover from A to Z!

Tony and the Pizza Champions is another book in this box that I just fell in love with. Tony Gemignani has teamed up with Matthew Trueman as the illustrator and created a book that is a fun and lively "pizza" story. The illustrations are WONDERFUL, the story is so fun, AND it's based on the true story of Tony Gemignani and his world-champion pizza-tossing team - what more can I say!?!? Oh, I know - there are pizza recipes and dough-tossing instructions in the back - I am thinking we HAVE to try this at my house! I can't wait to use it in my next PIZZA story hour!

2 comments:

Kristi Valiant said...

I just read Duck! Rabbit! a couple days ago and fell in love with the concept of that book. Super fun!

Halahblue said...

Duck!Rabbit! sounds fantastic!

Search This Blog