Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Children's Blizzard

Well - I did it - I FINALLY finished The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin. Now ask me if I liked it???? My answer would be ~ when I wasn't deep in info about weather or political goings-ons - yes, I did like it. BUT - I had to wade through much "technical" info to get to the parts I did enjoy. It was a long read for me - but I trudged through. (Don't be too impressed - I had to help lead a book talk on it!!!) I must say - it was more interesting since I live out here where it all took place. So - it's my big Non-Fiction read for awhile. I would say, if you enjoy history and a good blizzard story - it's very good, just a little too technical for me.

3 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I'm about 10 pages from the end of this book, and my review will probably read exactly like yours! I like the book, but I did skim vast portions of the technical stuff. This kind of lost history always fascinates me, but this book had too much weather insiders' info.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I hate it when they get too detailed. Thanks for the review!
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Eileen said...

Too funny Becky and Sarah - my review would also be the same! I read it a year or two ago.

Search This Blog