Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

I guess I could just stop with the title above, I mean really. I think the Pioneer Woman is, was, and always will be, FABULOUS!!! Her blog is a source of endless laughs and ideas (but I will readily admit the recipes are just a pipe-dream for me!!). I have read her blog for years - LOVE her photography and yes, I'm a mite bit proud that we BOTH homeschool. (It's only one thing in common, but that's ok.)

So when I finished her book - The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - last night and closed that back cover- I, once again, had to smile. That is just what she does - makes me smile! I just "get" her sense of humor - the book had me laughing out loud MANY times and yet, it also was a book that caused me to reflect on life too - really, how good we have it! It is the story of how Ree met Marlboro Man (her knight in shining cowboy boots) and their first few months after marriage as well. It is a well-crafted story that did not feel plodding or hard to read - it was a pleasure! Thanks Ree, for a book that made me smile and reflect - truly a gem!

No comments:

Search This Blog