Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sylvan Dell Publishing

I always get excited when I see books from Sylvan Dell, and this package was no exception! I received Kersplatypus by Susan K. Mitchell and 'Twas the Day Before Zoo Day by Catherine Ipcizade.

I LOVED Kersplatypus - it was much the same idea as Little Skink's Tail - which I also loved - these books are great ways to learn about nature and still enjoy a fun story. This story has a wonderful "Aussie" flair though with all of the animals being from the land down under! Probably what I love most about Sylvan Dell books is that in each book, there are 3-5 pages in the back that give additional activities for even more science learning. And if that isn't enough, there are 20-80 page lessons plans available as well. AND I'm still not done - you can go on the internet for web site links that correlate with the story/theme. I am telling you - they treat you right!

The second book, 'Twas the Day Before Zoo Day, was also fun - a take-off on the ever-popular, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. This was a riot to read and kids will love to see all the animals! And again, all of the same teaching tools are available on Sylvan's website and in their books - teachers will LOVE these tools!

No comments:

Search This Blog