Thursday, January 31, 2008

Seeker

William Nicholson's Seeker, is my husband's latest read. So, since it is not really my "type" of read AND he LOVED it - I asked him to type up a review for me -


It isn't easy for me to find a book that I really like and that makes me think about it even when I am not reading. For me, I like books that make me see things from a different angle and make me think. Seeker was a book that did that for me. Seeker is one of three main Characters, Morning Star and Wildman being
the other two.
The first book centers around a common quest to become
Nomana,a religious warrior, with a charge to maintain the peace and protect their god. There are several things that caught my attention. The choice of names is very important in the plot development because a person's name has a major influence on the person's life. There are religious themes throughout the book and these themes made me contemplate my own beliefs.
There is a classic struggle between good and evil. If you are one who enjoys books such as Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia or Harry Potter I would suggest this
book. I cannot say that the book presents a fully Christian world view but
it does wrestle with many of the same issues.
This is the first in a trilogy - my husband can't wait to get the next one!


No comments:

Search This Blog