Saturday, October 06, 2007

Little Skink's Tail

Little Skink's Tail by Janet Halfmann and illustrated by Laurie Allen Klein was sent to me as a review copy by Sylvan Dell Publishing and, boy, are they going to be glad they sent me a free copy!! I immediately hopped on their website and have been telling people about them ever since!! They are so educational - I LOVE the emphasis on science, animals, math, etc. and then, to tie it in, they have great links off of their site to enhance your teaching - I am telling you - you need to go check it out!! Look especially for the "For Creative Minds", "Teaching Activities", and "Learning Links" sections. It's like hitting the jackpot!!


PJ Librarian said...

Little Skink's Tail is a really good read. My little 2 year old really likes it and enjoys the skink's imagining having different tails. Plus, it really is a nice little science lesson wrapped up in a fun tale. Also, thanks for stopping by. PJ Librarian

Carey said...

Ok, a silly question, but to they send you the books to review because of the library, or does it have something to do with the blog as well?

Beckyb said...

I think, Carey - it's a bit of both - I do have that blurb in my sidebar that says I will review books - not sure if that is what did it or not!!

Angie Dzalamanow said...

Hi Becky!

Greetings from Sylvan Dell Publishing! I wanted to let you know that we used this comment and linked to your blog in our first e-newsletter, Book Beat:'s/Book%20Beat%20Oct%20Nov%202007.pdf

Thank you so much for the kind words. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Angie Dzalamanow
Sylvan Dell Publishing

Tasses said...

Just wanted to let you know that I linked to your great review on Reading Rumpus

Search This Blog