Thursday, May 17, 2007

Safe House

My latest read??? Safe House by James Heneghan. I am not exactly sure what to say about this one (I know, not like me!!), but I am really riding the fence. I liked the background info. I learned about Northern Ireland and the fighting between the Protestants and Catholics - I guess I wasn't aware to what extreme people would go. Liam, the twelve year old main character, witnesses his parents' murder and now is the murderer's next target. The book is a constant, tense, trying-to-get-away on Liam's part from The Mole, the man trying to kill him. I thought it was very intense - and it wasn't something I wanted to read right before bed!! What I didn't like is that it seemed that all he did was run, he could never seem to elude The Mole, and that seemed not-so-believable to me. If you are looking for a fast-paced novel, this may be it, but don't expect any shocking turn-of-events.

1 comment:

Adele said...

Hi Becky,
I noticed you posted on my blog. Thanks!
I love your blogs as well, especially this one about books! We have alot of the books you have listed. We did Mallory's 3rd birthday party based on the Pinkalicious book. It was a huge success. I will be back to your blogs, for sure!
Adele

Search This Blog