Monday, November 17, 2008

Astronaut Handbook

Meghan McCarthy's Astronaut Handbook is a BLAST!! (get it?!?!) Yes, it is good. All sorts of fun tidbits about what it takes to be an astronaut told in such a friendly manner. And the pictures?? Yes, those are great too. My favorite part of the book?? The back two pages - "Fascinating Facts", "Bibliography", and "Places to Visit" - I appreciate when authors give us even more to go looking for after we read. I think kids will find this book appealing AND informative - and in non-fiction, that's a plus!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

This would be a great one for my kids for Christmas. Thanks!

Tricia said...

Another Tricia here (Miss Rumphius)-- I love Meghan McCarthy's work, and I must say, this is one of my favorites. Kids reading this will actually see the career of astronaut as attainable.

Search This Blog