Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey have teamed up and written a historical novel that exposes a side of history I knew nothing about. Chasing Mona Lisa is a fascinating story set in Paris in 1944 - the soldiers of the Third Reich are coming into Paris and totally ransacking the county - which includes stealing artwork by the great masters like Leonardo da Vinci and even the famous Mona Lisa. This is an action-packed story - with tons of history and a little romance thrown in to keep it "light". It was a fun read and a new-to-me part of history!
If you would like to read what others in this tour are saying about the book - go HERE.
AND here's another fun opportunity!!
Win an iTouch SPY Pack in the Chasing Mona Lisa Giveaway from @triciagoyer @mikeyorkey! Chasing Mona Lisa is the continuing tale of Gabi Mueller and Eric Hofstadler (first introduced in The Swiss Courier). This time the due are on a relentless quest to save the most famous painting in the world - the Mona Lisa. You can help Gabi and Eric with your very own spy pack when you enter The Chasing Mona Lisa Giveaway!
One passionate protector will receive:
- iTouch (The must-have device for any spy. Camera, Maps & Music.)
- Starbucks Gift Card (For all those late nights.)
- Moleskin Notebook (For those important notes.)
- Invisible Ink Pen (Don’t want anyone reading those important notes.)
- Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer & Mike Yorkey (Great handbook and intriguing tale for any spy-in-training!)
So grab your copy of Chasing Mona Lisa and join Tricia and Mike on the evening of the 31st for an author chat, spy training (do you know how to pick a lock?) and lots of giveaways.
*I was sent a copy of this book for review purposes.