Monday, January 09, 2012

The Bird Sisters

I hope I don't say this too many times - but I really LOVED this book!!  I think I have mentioned before, once or twice, on this blog that I LOVE birds.  So how excited I was when I found yet another book that had a theme of birds!  But this book has SO much more going for it than just the bird theme. The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen is one of the best books I've read in awhile!  Milly and Twiss are twin sisters that have stuck together from birth - and I do mean that.  They have been there for each other and even grow old together.  I love their relationship and it only helps to strengthen them for all they've been through.  The girls do not lead a simple, easy life.   They struggle through many issues with their family - their father AND their mother, and their cousin, Bett, who comes to stay with them for a summer - a summer that will truly leave them forever changed.

The characters are well-developed - the story is one that draws you in and keeps you there.  Although it is a series of flashbacks and current life - it is not hard to follow.  I really can not say enough how much this book captured me - I am anxiously waiting for a new novel from Rasmussen.  IF you read it - please come back and comment - I'll be curious to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Search This Blog