Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Watching the Tree Limbs

Sometimes you read a book and it's painful - to the core painful - that is this book by Mary DeMuth, Watching the Tree Limbs. It made me ache for dear Maranatha (Mara for short - no irony there!) and in her short nine years all of the pain she had to endure. BUT, despite the gut-wrenching story - it was a wonderful read - totally kept me engrossed and wrapped up in Mara's world. I do highly recommend this book - it hits hard on so many levels - and I highlighted my Kindle version all up - for fiction, that's saying something!! There are just some fabulous quotes that remind us how much our God lavishes us with His love - even when it doesn't feel that way here on Earth. Truly inspiring!

Now onto the sequel - Wishing on Dandelions.



No comments:

Search This Blog