1. How long has Tribute Books been in business?
We started in 2004.
2. I see you publish young adult books, tell us what you're looking for in submissions.
We're looking to work with authors who are savvy with social media - those who blog, tweet and update their Facebook status on a daily basis. Our preference is for authors who already have a book(s) published through a royalty-paying press. We want to work with those who are familiar with the ins and outs of the publishing process. We seek those who have experience having their work edited and know the effort required for successful book promotion.
3. Tell us about your publishing process. From start to finish or from acceptance to publishing.
How long once an author is accepted to the publishing date?
From acceptance to publishing, we try to shoot for a 90 day time frame. We edit the manuscript and prepare files that are ready for the Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.
4. How many authors does Tribute Books have?
At this time, we have published about 35 authors, illustrators, photographers and editors.
5. Is there a specific genre you're looking for?
We are looking to concentrate on the young adult genre.