Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Voice

I appreciate a different "take" sometimes when reading the Bible, so I was excited to try The Voice. Sometimes it feels like you've read certain passages so many times that they lose their "freshness" - I have SO enjoyed reading The Voice - it brings a new enjoyment and even some new insights I hadn't maybe seen before.

"The Voice™ is the product of the best minds in this emerging generation of Christian leaders. Together they are helping young people fall in love with the Scriptures. Instead of confining God’s Word in the framework of biblical criticism, The Voice™ highlights the beauty of God’s communication to His people. In The Voice™, the voice of God is heard as clearly as when He first revealed His truth. This is the first-ever complete New Testament in The Voice™ translation. Writers include Chris Seay, Lauren Winner, Brian McLaren, Greg Garrett, David B. Capes, and others."

To me, this Bible feels like I am just chatting with a friend - I read it and it is a welcome voice. It is a translation that I really want my teenage sons to read - it will be great for their daily Bible reading and I think they will appreciate the ease with which it reads.

This translation is available in flexible cloth/leather editions as well as a designer cloth edition - another thing that helps to make it such a great gift idea! Visit Their Website to learn more about the project - Hear the Voice. (Oh yes, you can even download the Book of John for free right now!) I highly recommend this translation to add to your "Bible" library - it will add a freshness to your study and/or your daily reading.


I am excited about the new edition as well with Psalms and Proverbs included - make sure and check this out!


**I was provided a copy for review from Book Sneeze.
I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Search This Blog