Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns was, in my opinion, riveting. I enjoyed The Kite Runner, but this one was even more of a page-turner for me. The treatment of women in those countries still makes me cringe. I love it that you follow two story lines - two lives and how they intertwine to create one, very moving story. These are two women from very different life situations, even different generations, that become bonded in a unique way. This was a book that rarely made me laugh, but often made me cry - but sometimes we need that too - to be awakened to how people are treated in other parts of the world. I would HIGHLY recommend this one!

2 comments:

Annell said...

I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. It was so sad, so intense, and so real. It also reminded me of what a blessed life I have.

m k harikumar said...

it is grand. thank you.
m k harikumar
http://www.newsmk-harikumar.blogspot.com/

Search This Blog