Saturday, October 25, 2008

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

What wonderful mouthful!  I love the title of this book - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  I thought the book was good - it is a series of letters written to and from the main character, Juliet as she writes a book about World War Two.  The Guernsey Literary Club finds out about Juliet and begins to write her letters - which eventually leads her to even go visit the island of Guernsey to learn even more about the war times.  While there, Juliet's life changes from what she thought was "normal" and becomes something she even loves more!  You learn a lot about Juliet and her romances, the people of Guernsey, and people from her life back home.  I thought it was a good book - maybe slow at times, but overall a good read.

Another good review HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book and didn't want it to end. It made me miss the art of letter writing.

MomItForward Jyl and Carissa said...

I just love the cover of that book! That's enough to pull me in..not that I'm a judge it by the cover kinda gal...well I guess I am but you know?

I did LOVE the splendid suns from your review below!

Carissa @ mommygossip-GNO

Search This Blog