Friday, April 08, 2011

The Lake of Dreams

Kim Edwards' latest novel, The Lake of Dreams, was very timely, I thought! It is set in Japan, for the first part of the novel and they were going through earthquakes - as I sat and watched the entire country of Japan overturned by an earthquake. SO I thought that part was interesting, but otherwise it just did not grab me like Memory Keeper's Daughter did. I was totally caught up in Memory Keeper's, but this one just did not keep me as interested.

I do think though that if geneology and family history interests you - you might truly enjoy this one. The story is interesting as it follows Lucy Jarrett and her family with her return from Japan to start uncovering her past. It takes her on a road that she could never imagine - and ultimately teaches her a lot about herself in the process. Although it may not have intrigued me as much, I'd love to know what you think if you read it! I am open to being swayed!

No comments:

Search This Blog