So I've been given three boys - I've read Dr. James Dobson's Bringing Up Boys and I'm ready to tackle the world!! Then I receive a wonderful gift of two beautiful girls and desperately NEED Dr. Dobson to write a book for rearing daughters - and thankfully he heard my petition. Because Bringing Up Girls is just what I needed to read! As usual, Dr. Dobson addresses the issues with clarity and Godly wisdom. He uncovers topics such as:
- Are girls really fundamentally different from boys? If so, should they be treated differently?
- Whoever said that girls are “sugar and spice and everything nice” never met my teenager. What can I do?
- My adolescent daughter seems to be on an emotional roller coaster. One minute she’s giddy with excitement; the next she’s moody and withdrawn. Is this normal?
- As a mom, I so badly want to be “best friends” with my daughter. Why isn’t it working out the way I dreamed?
- How does a dad’s role in his daughter’s life influence her character and decisions—including her eventual choice of a husband?
- How can grandparents contribute to raising a healthy granddaughter?
- What’s the best way to educate girls?
- How are girls affected when their parents divorce?
- What should we be doing to shape the next generation of women?