Friday, September 17, 2010

My Name is NOT Isabella

Jennifer Fosberry has written a delightful children's book, My Name is Not Isabella. This is a strong girl-read that will challenge our little ones to "think big".

Little Isabella's mom tells her what she would like her to do next in her day, and each time, Isabella tells her mom, "I am not Isabella, I am...". She fills in the blank with the name of a famous woman in history - one that corresponds with what she is doing in her day. I LOVED this book - not only is it a great one for challenging our kids to think about what they can do in our world, but it also introduces them to strong female women in history! The ending pages of the book give brief synopses on each of the famous women mentioned in the book.

Mike Litwin's illustrations are wonderful as well and add to the fun "feel" in this book! Delightful and inspirational!!



*I was provided a copy of this book for use in reviewing the title by the publisher.

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm a judge for Cybils Nonfiction Picture Books. In real life, I'm a children's librarian in a primary school.

I thought it was time that I added my favorite and most useful blogs to my Google Reader. So I am on a mission today to be-friend and be-follow other children and young adult bloggers, focusing on those who will be Cybils panelists and judges.

Thus I have just be-friended and be-followed you!

Here is my blog: www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com.
I'd love to have you stop by and be-friend or be-follow or just say hello.

Search This Blog