Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Crossing Oceans

Gina Holmes' first novel is just fabulous. I will say that sometimes I am skeptical of Christian fiction - it can be so predictable that it just doesn't keep my interest. That is NOT SO with Crossing Oceans. If I thought I had it figured out in the first few pages, I would have been very wrong. It takes twists and turns and all the while kept me in tears or smiling at the antics of Grandma Peg. This is the gut-wrenching story of Jenny Lucas, a single mom, who has just found out she is dying of a form of stage 4 cancer. She chooses to fore go any treatment and takes her daughter, Isabella, to meet her birth father so that they can form a relationship that will continue when she dies. It really is a powerful read - it makes you think about relationships in general, but also family and the important ties there. Another great read - I have really hit the jackpot of books this past week!!

No comments:

Search This Blog