Monday, April 26, 2010

Toon Books

RAW Junior sent me two great books in their children's readers series. Zig and Wikki in Something Ate My Homework by Madja Speigelman and Trade Leoffler is a riot! Kids of all ages will relate to this hilarious story. I LOVE the whole concept of these books - not only are they funny and grab kids' attention, but they are also so readable - they are not page after page of text. The comic-book style is wonderful for beginning readers. I also appreciated in this book the little "snippets" of information that they added in so that readers learn more about some of the animals in the book.

The second book, Benny and Penny in the Toy Breaker by Geoffrey Hayes is another winner! Benny and Penny are such fun little mice - their adventures are hilarious and our readers DO want more. I am always excited to tell readers about these books - I just know they will be back for another in the Toon Books.

Thank you RAW for the whole concept - beginning readers in comic book format - I agree "Toon Books make Reading Fun!!"

No comments:

Search This Blog