Saturday, March 27, 2010

Graceling

I was one of those that STILL had not read Kristin Cashore's Graceling. So, when I went on a trip recently, I tucked it in and took it along - the only problem? I had to slow myself down - I didn't want to finish it and have nothing to read the rest of the trip! It was riveting - that is the only word I can think of to tell how good it was. TOTALLY had me on the edge of my seat - I am impatiently waiting to read the sequel, Fire - oh we have it here at our library - it just needs to come in!!! The story is of Katsa - a teen learning how to deal with the "Grace" she was born with. She meets up with Po, another teen born with a "Grace" of his own, and together they work to use their "graces" for good while helping others.
My only "disclaimer" on this novel is that there are sex scenes and they are more graphic in nature. I know that some read my reviews and then pass books onto their teens- this one is a bit more graphic so take that into consideration - while I loved the storyline - I do wish the sex would have been less.

No comments:

Search This Blog