Thursday, October 29, 2009

Testing the Ice

Testing the Ice - A True Story about Jackie Robinson is Sharon Robinson's wonderful tribute to her father. And what a tribute it is! The book not only shares Robinson's life as a ball player, but his fight to overcome racial prejudice and his own fear - that of water. It is inspiring - and such a wonderful story of a part of Robinson's personal life. The illustrations, done by Kadir Nelson, are AMAZING and only add to the tenderness of this story. I fell in love with this book - ALL of it! And I am excited that I get to share it with you!

Big Honcho Media provided me with a copy of the book to use to review AND they have a contest going where you can receive your own copy as well. Details are here:
One (1) winner from your site receives a TESTING THE ICE prize pack!
Kidorable Hat, Glove & Scarf set (random styles - see attached image) copy of Testing the Ice

Four (4) additional winners will receive a copy of the book!
Prizing Values:
The grand prize pack is valued at $52.99
The books are valued at $16.99 each

Shipping Guidelines:

Prizing is only available to United States mailing address only.
(International readers can enter if they have a friend in the States who can
accept their prizes by mail.)

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is leave a comment on this post - remember, you must be a U.S. mailing address. With your comment - make sure and leave an email so that I can contact you if you win!!

This is truly a book you will want on your shelves - it is inspiring - we all have fears we can overcome and this will encourage us to do just that!

4 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Yes, please!! I'd love to check this out for a black history class I'm teaching in the spring!

Kristi Valiant said...

I noticed this book last night in the bookstore, but didn't have the chance to page through it. I love Kadir Nelson's artwork.

Tina's Blog said...

I would love to win a copy of this book. Please enter me!
www.booksaremything.blogspot.com

Sue said...

If this is as good as you say, I will have to get it whether I win or not! But I'd love to! www.lemarslibraray.blogspot.com
Thanks Becky!

Search This Blog