Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shiver

Once I broke that "I will never do this" and read Twilight - I have since been more willing to broaden my horizons and try others along the vampire/werewolf theme. So Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater was one that now interested me. The book totally caught me from the first page - Grace is mesmerized by a werewolf that saved her life - although she can only watch the wolf from afar. She spends lots of time outside trying to just see her wolf with the yellow eyes. But what happens when the wolf becomes human?? That is the story of Sam and Grace - I was totally caught up in the story - Sam's struggle to stay human and stay with Grace. Sam has to battle the cold to stay human and that becomes quite a challenge. Really, it was a great book - held my interest the whole way through. I know it's getting rave reviews, and well it should, however I would think twice before you hand it to your teens - the sexual tension is great and does culminate in sex between Grace and Sam. I would definitely stay with mature readers on this one.

No comments:

Search This Blog