Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Chosen One

Carol Lynch Williams' The Chosen One was sent to me to review. Then, I started reading about it all over the blog world and my curiosity was peaked! I picked up and my copy and the rest is history. I could not put this one down. Literally from page one - I just kept going until it was finished. This is the story of Kyra, a 13 year old, growing up in the isolated community called "The Chosen". She finds out very near the beginning of the novel that she has been "chosen" to marry her uncle - yes, her uncle - who already has 6 wives AND is 50. I was appalled - disgusted - and mad! So I had to keep reading. It is an intriguing story - what Kyra will go to to make sure this marriage does not happen AND try to keep her relationship with the one she truly loves, Joshua. Riveting - a MUST READ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was one I couldn't put down, either--I read it in one sitting.

Carol said...

I had forgotten your warning, I also read it all in one sitting. Who needs to sleep anyway? My girls have also enjoyed it.

Search This Blog