Thursday, October 04, 2007

Annick Press


Annick Press sent me a package of books today to review and I must say, "I am impressed!!" This is a publisher I was not familiar with (aside from THIS GUY!!!) and now I just high-tailed it over to our book distributor and ordered hard cover copies of every book they sent me! These are wonderful books! Here are some of my favorites:

Shen and the Treasure Fleet by Ray Conlogue - an exciting story of adventure set in old-world China. (I took it home to my 12 year old to read, and he WON'T put it down!!! I keep telling him it's my turn!! Good thing he's a fast reader!)

True Stories from the Edge - Dangerous Crossings! by Antonia Banyard - here is another series that I intend to get the WHOLE set!! Fun adventures, non-fiction geared to ages 8 and up. My boys WILL LOVE these!

Archers, Alchemists and 98 Other Medieval Jobs you Might Have Loved or Loathed by Priscilla Galloway - another WONDERFUL non-fiction book - I am ALWAYS on the lookout for great non-fiction - libraries need MORE of that!!! There is another in this series that I have on order already too!!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Ruth Ohi picture books - the illustrations are endearing and the stories are simple and fun! Me and My Brother and Me and My Sister are on my order as well now!

If you haven't checked out this publishing company, DO SO!!! Their website is also invaluable to teachers - it has some some live interviews with authors and great teaching ideas. Thanks, Annick Press, for sending me books and introducing me to your WHOLE new world of exciting books!!

No comments:

Search This Blog