Monday, April 23, 2012

The Sacred Thread

Here is one for non-fiction lovers - or maybe even if you don't LOVE non-fiction!  Adrienne Arieff's The Sacred Thread is an account of Arieff's experience with surrogacy - even more interesting, surrogacy in India.  You follow her miscarriages, infertility, and then her journey through surrogate birth.  I found the book fascinating - I may live under a rock, I'll admit that, but I had no idea this surrogate birth was as popular as it was - especially traveling to India to have it done.  It was a wonderful autobiography that lends a whole new way to look at another birth experience. 
I found Arieff's writing to be easy to read - and although some parts felt a bit long to me, I did feel it kept my attention and I wanted to know how it would all end for them.  I would encourage you to pick this one up!!

No comments:

Search This Blog