Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Kitchen Daughter

Jael McHenry's The Kitchen Daughter was a novel I just could not put down. Maybe it intrigued me that the main character has some Autistic tendencies - maybe that was it - but whatever it was - it caught me and I was hooked! This novel is a touching story about family, loss, and how to deal with both! Ginny is the adult daughter left alone when both of her parents are killed unexpectedly. She knows she might be a bit different from others - but she does not feel she is not "normal". She knows techniques to use to calm herself and most of those involve food or cooking. So she spends a lot of time in the kitchen and is shocked to find out that if she makes recipes that are hand-written, she can meet with the ghosts of those people. Normally that might turn me off right there - but it was handled so well that I almost believed it could happen! What a wonderful novel - this isn't a story like any other I have read but yet it sure resonated with me! Excellent read!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I just finished this book 2 days ago. I loved it!

Eileen

Search This Blog